Monday, April 14, 2014

Review: Sally Girl Eye Shadow Connecting Compacts

Sally Girl Eyeshadow Connecting Compacts

          Hi everyone! I know it's been a while. I accidentally deleted all the pictures I had on my computer and on top of that I had to upgrade my Windows XP to Windows 7. Anyways, today I come with an exciting review! It would be on the Sally Girl Eye Shadow Connecting Compacts. Ever since the Revlon Shadow Links hit the market, everyone has been talking about how they fail to rival their very similar relative Sally Girl Eye Shadow Connecting Compacts. Today, we are here to see if this claim is true. If you all remember, I was a little disappointed with the Revlon Shadow Link (you can see my review here). So we shall see how these Sally Girl Shadows compare.
           The 3 colors I picked up were Mauve, Brick, and Chocolate. They retail for $0.99 at Sally Beauty Supply, but I was about to pick up Chocolate for $0.69 because it was on clearance. I believe you can only buy these at Sally Beauty Supply. So enough chit chat, lets take a closer look.

Sally Girl Eyeshadow in Mauve



Sally Girl Eyeshadow in Brick



Sally Girl Eyeshadow in Chocoalte



          From what I have gathered from the internet, or lack there of, there is no official Sally Girl website (or at least I can't find it). However, I was able to gather some information for the Sally Beauty Supply website.
          The claims of this product as stated from the Sally Beauty Supply website are:
  • Silky Texture
  • Comes in 48 Shades
  • These Sally Girl eye shadows come in connecting compacts, so you can create your own personalized color palette!
          Do I believe these have a silky texture? Most definitely! 

          Some interesting facts about this product:
  1. There are no parabens in this product.
  2. I believe Sally Girl does not test on animals based on this post here
          As for my thoughts on this product, I am absolutely in love with it!!! They are extremely pigmented and creamy to the touch. From the swatches they look decent, but these definitely look much better on the eye than they are swatched. They blend so easy and effortlessly that you may think these are high end shadows. The last a good few hours on the lid without primer, but with primer these will go all day easily! Honestly, I do think these shadows are a much better quality than the Revlon Shadow Links and if you were to buy one, I recommend picking up the Sally Girl Eye Shadows. However, I will say the colors I have are all from a similar range and color palette and that other shadows that are lighter or of different colors may not perform the same. Also, from what I saw, there are very few mattes in the collection and mostly satin and shimmery finishes. So for you matte fans out there, this may not be the collection for you. 

My Overall Rating: 95/100

If you have tried these shadows out, I would love to know your thoughts! Do you think they are worth it?

Until next time...
-Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment