Monday, April 28, 2014

Products I Regret Purchasing #1

          Hi everyone! So today I will be a doing a products I regret purchasing post. I post a lot about products I like and review a lot of products I like (mostly because if I don't think I will like it, I won't buy it). However, there have been a few products lingering in my collection that I really don't like/don't work for me that I keep around mostly because I paid for it so I'm going to use! Please keep in mind, what doesn't work for me might work for you and vice versa. 

 Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On eye pencil in Ransom
I have heard great things on these, and I really saddens me to say that I'm not that impressed with this pencil at all. I mainly us it on my lower lash line to add some color to my look. It goes on rather choppy, and requires a few swipes sometimes to get a color payoff. I will say I did get this off Hautelook and I'm not sure if it was a old pencil or what, but it definitely did not live up to my expectations.


Swatches fine! Hmph!

Revlon Shadow Links
This should be no surprise to anyone. There was very little I liked about this product. The consistency was not consistent across the colors. Some had very poor pigmentation. Some were chalky and powdery. I even went back to buy 2 more to see if it was maybe the batch, but sadly, these were a definite no go for me. 



Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Creme Bruele
I love this line so so much. However, this one was a no go. It goes on smooth, but the color is not there. It settles into the cracks of your lips and seem to accentuate the lines of your lips. 

Again, swatches fine!

Loreal Colour Riche Nail Color in Penthouse Pink
This is such a pretty color, but the formulation is not for me. The color is not very opaque and comes off very streaky. Not to mention, after 3 coats, I can still see my nail underneath it all. 

Epielle Deep Cleansing Nose Strip
I had high hopes for these. They did absolutely nothing for me. In fact, I don't even think they pulled out 1 blackhead (not one!) Good thing they were only $1. 

          I understand, not a lot of products here, but as I said before, I tend to buy products I know I will like. I do a lot of research before buying because it not worth getting stuck with a product you hate or wasting your time to return it. You might as well get it right on the first try right? Anyways I hope you enjoyed, as always! If you regret buying any items I would love to hear about them!

Until next time...
-Cindy





No comments:

Post a Comment