Saturday, April 26, 2014

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips Pink'd Collection

Maybelline Baby Lips Mad for Magenta (L) and Rose Rush (R)

           Hi everyone! So you all know my obsession with the Maybelline Baby Lips so when they released the Pink'd collection for summer I had to go for it! I grab 2 colors from the line (I believe there is 5 total), Mad for Magenta (#115) and Rose Rush (#120). Mad for Magenta is a pale pink and Rose Rush is a coral red color. These retail for around $3-$4 at the drugstore. I picked these up for $2.57 at Walgreens when all Maybelline cosmetics were $2 off retail price. Please keep in mind these are limited edition so I would go out at pick them up sooner rather than later. I have seen these at Walgreens and Ulta.
          As always lets take a look before we dive right in!


Mad for Magenta


Rose Rush


          The packaging says that this was made with Shea butter and Vitamin E. It also says 8hr moisture. (It doesn't actually say the words "provides 8hr moisture," just 8hr moisture. I am assuming they are letting the consumer infer that it provides 8 hr moisture. 

          The packaging claims that:
               88% of people had smoother lips
               82% of people has less dry lips
               70% of people had suppler lips
               83% of people had better looking lips
               *These claims are based on self evaluation of a panel of people after 1 week.

          Do I agree this gave me smoother lips? Most definitely
          Do I agree this gave me less dry lips? Yes!
          Do I agree this gave me suppler lips? Slightly
          Do I agree this gave me better looking lips? Yes!

          Some interesting facts about this product:
  1. There are no parabens.
  2. There is perfume in this product.
  3. Maybelline does test on animals
          As for my thoughts on this product, I really enjoy these since they work exactly like the original baby lips line. For some people, baby lips do nothing for their lips, but for me these work wonders. My lips always feel smoother and less dry when I use these. It applies very smoothly and last a good 1-2 hour before wearing off. Even when they do wear off, I'm always left with a slight stain. However, I am slightly disappointed with this line for 2 reasons. One being, the pigmentation is not quite there as past baby lips. Though, I guess it makes it quite easy to reapply without a mirror. My second disappoint is with the color range. There are 5 colors in this line, 1 is complete clear (so I have heard), and 3 remind me of permanent baby colors. Rose Rush is very similar to a berry pink (Pink Shock) in the Electro collection. The berry color in this line reminds me of a berry color (Berry Soft) in the Dr. Rescue line (this is why I did not pick it up). The bright pink color reminds me of the bright pink (Pink Punch) in the original permanent collection of Baby Lips. So if you are unable to pick these colors up, do know that there may already exist similar/dupe-able colors in the permanent line.

Rose Rush

Pink Shock (M)
Do you see the similarity?

My Overall Rating: 90/100

If you got your hands on these, let me know your thoughts! Are they what you expected?

Until next time...
-Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment