Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Lipstick

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Lipsticks


         This is the second part of my Rimmel lipstick reviews! This will be on the Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Lipstick. I have 3 colors; 103, 104, and 105. (I know, no names!!!) Though they look very similar in this picture, they are different colors in real life. 103 is a bright pink. 104 is a berry color. 105 is a coral nude. However, since they are very similar in color (as you will see from the swatch) I wouldn't recommend picking all 3 up, maybe just your favorite out of these 3. Depending on where you pick these lipsticks up, they retail from $4.99 to $5.49. You can sometimes get these buy 1 get 1 50% at Rite Aid, Walgreens,  CVS, or Ulta.

          Let's take a look at the swatches before we dig in!
103, 104, 105

          According to the Rimmel London website, the product is described as:
"Be Iconic - Make the Ordinary Extraordinary Sumptuously Rich Matte Colour with a sublime comfort. Ruby Powder enriched formula. Intense velvet colour all day!" 
          Do I believe this product is comfortable? Pretty much
          Do I believe I get intense velvet colour all day? A little

          Some interesting facts about this product:
  1. There is Fragrance in this product. 
  2. Rimmel does test on animals.
  3. There are no parabens in this lipstick. 
          As for my thoughts on this product, I really like the price point considering it is a few dollars cheaper than  your other drugstore brands like Maybelline, Loreal, Covergirl, and Revlon. I also love how opaque the color is. One swipe, and your lips are coated with this lipstick. These lipsticks (or at least the ones I own) are genuinely matte with no shimmer, glitter, or shine. However, due to the fact they are matte, they do highlight dry and/or cracked lips. I would recommend exfoliating and moisturizing before applying these lipsticks. If you are in a hurry and don't have the time or patience to exfoliate or moisturize, put a gloss on top! Not just any gloss, a gloss that will just gloss over imperfections and not cling to the dry spots too! These last a good few hours before wearing off, and will still linger for the rest of the day with less intensity. Overall these are pretty decent for the price!

My Overall Rating: 85/100

If you have tried these, I would love to know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment