Saturday, March 8, 2014

Review: Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation


          Hi everyone! This will be my review of the Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in True Ivory (#103). This is foundation has a yellow undertone and actually match my skin perfectly! When this foundation first came off I was holding off on getting it because I have so many foundations and BB creams (including this one, it makes 8). However, Walgreens had these at 50% and I also happen to have a $1 off coupon for Rimmel products, so for 1 fluid ounce of this foundation, I paid $1.74!!! Please keep in mind, I have combination to oily skin. What may work for my skin may not work for your skin or skin type.
          Let's take a look before we jump in!
Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation Swatch

          According to the Rimmel website, the product is described as:
"A feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that won’t feel heavy or greasy. Delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish. Minimizes the appearance of pores. The weight is over – finally, shine has met its matte."
          According to the packaging, the product is described as:
"Lightweight shine control. Feather-light, liquid mousse blends flawlessly for natural-looking, all day shine control. Silky smooth formula leaves a perfectly matte, baby-soft finish. Lightweight texture won't feel heavy or greasy."  
          Do I believe this product is feather light? A little
          Do I believe this product does not feel heavy or greasy? A little
          Do I believe this product delivers all day shine control? For most of the day, but not all day
          Do I believe this product blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish? Yes!
          Do I believe this product minimizes the appearance of pores? Yes!
          Do I believe this product leaves a baby-soft finish? Yes!

          Some interesting facts about this product:
  1. Rimmel does test on animals.
  2. There are no parabens in this foundation. 
          As for my thoughts on this product, I actually like it. I have heard some mixed reviews on this product and passed on picking it up, but like I said, when it went 50% off, I had to. Fortunately for me, this product was a hit! When you first apply this product, it looks absolutely flawless and matte on the skin! It's a very full coverage foundation, and any blemish you have this foundation will cover that right up! In fact, it's so full coverage that it just goes right over my pores, and conceals them perfectly. It just gives you the most gorgeous smooth finish like how a doll looks with no pores (and this is without primer). The reason is that it's a pretty thick foundation for a mousse. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot lighter (in weight) than most foundation, however it does come off a little thick and heavy. Just be careful to apply no more than a pea size and blend! This will really help it feel light on the skin! After applying the foundation, it does take a few minutes to set. I feel like it never truly sets, like it's still a tad tacky, but once it gets good enough you do feel as if your skin feels quite soft. Staying power is about 4-5 hours before I start looking a little shiny, but if I set it with powder, this foundation can stay 10+ hours with no shine.
          Though I really like this foundation, there are a few things that would turn this good foundation to great foundation. First off, the foundation is a little thick. If you blend its not a problem, but it definitely threw me off in the beginning. Also, the foundation never truly sets. It doesn't feel greasy, but slightly tacky and never really set to a dry feel. However, if you have dry skin, but foundation may also work for you because it doesn't "dry". I also don't see this product lasting for people with oily skin. I have combination to oily skin and after 4-5 hours, I see some shine peaking through around my T-zone. Overall, if Rimmel just tweaked the formula just a tad, this could easily be the best drugstore foundation out there!

So to summarize:

Pros:
  • Matte finish
  • Full coverage
  • Light weight
  • Hygienic packaging
  • Very affordable
Cons:
  • Only last a few hours (needs a setting powder)
  • Can feel thick
  • Doesn't totally set
My overall rating: 88/100

If you have tried this product, let me know your thoughts!

Before I leave you, I cam across something very interesting. See for yourself!






Are you seeing double? Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream and Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation look very similar in packaging....

Until next time...
-Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment