Saturday, March 15, 2014

Review: John Frieda Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight Flat Iron Spray

John Frieda Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight Flat Iron Spray


          Today will be my review, or I guess just break down of the John Frieda Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight Flat Iron Spray with Keratin. I received this product courtesy of +Influenster and @JohnFiedaUS in my #JAdoreVoxBox. According to the Target website, this product retails for $8.99 for 3.5 fluid ounces. Though I am very humbled I was sent this product I am unable to properly review this product because of three reasons. One, this product calls for a blow dryer, which I do not own. Two, this product calls for a flat iron, which I do not own. Three, this product is meant for everyone with a slight wave to curly hair, and my hair is as straight as paper no matter what. Even though I am unable to fully review this product, I did test it out without the blow dryer and flat iron to see if this spray had any effects just as a spray. 

          According to the John Frieda website:
          "Transform curly, frizzy hair into a straight, smooth style that lasts up to 3 days*.
Revolutionary heat-activated formula wraps each strand to seal in longer-lasting straightness without weighing hair down. Protects against heat damage and blocks frizz. 
Keeps hair glossy, smooth, and swinging with body. 
With Keratin. 
*or until your next shampoo if less than 3 days."
          From what I experienced from this product, it does not live up to these claims without a blow dryer and flat iron. One the packaging there are very specific instructions that go like this:
"Spray throughout DAMP OR WET, not dry hair. Start with 7-15 sprays. Use more or less depending on amount of curl, hair length and thickness. Comb to distribute evenly and blow-dry hair straight. Finish by FLAT IRONING hair in sections."
          Some interesting facts about this product, according to the ingredients list:

  1. There are parabens in this product: METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN
  2. There is alcohol in this product.
  3. There is fragrance in this product.
  4. There is keratin in this product.
          As a stand alone spray, I think it has a nice smell. It didn't feel heavy in my hair. When my hair dried, I didn't feel any product in my hair. I will say, if you spray a very concentrated amount of product in one area, your hair will feel crunchy after it dries (similar to hair spray). As for the claims on this product, none of them hold up as just a stand alone spray. I don't notice it keeping my hair any more straight than it already is. My hair didn't seem any more glossy, smooth, or swinging with body than normal. So I do believe the key to having this product work is to follow the instructions!!

My Overall Rating: N/A, since I was unable to use this product it is hard to say what I would rate it. If you have paper straight hair like me, you can most definitely live without this product.

If you were able to try this product, I would love to know your thoughts! #3DayStraight. For more information check out John Frieda's WebisteFacebook, Twitter

Until next time...
-Cindy



1 comment:

  1. I am very excited to use my new flat irons, and I want to see how my frizzy hairs will look like. My best friend suggested to start using flat irons in my hairs so that my hairs can look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete