Thursday, March 6, 2014

Review: Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask



          Hi Everyone! Today will be my review on the Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask. I received this product courtesy of +Influenster. According to the Boots website, this product retails for $9.39 for 100 grams. You can buy this product directly from the Boots' website, or Target (I believe). Please keep in mind I have combination to oily skin and what works for me may not work for you!
          Lets see some pics and get on with the review!


          According to the packaging, the product is described as:
"Oceanic minerals help draw out deep-rooted impurities and oil without overdyring. Skin is left clearer, softer, and smoother. Active plant extract, Willowbark, is a natural souce of salicylic acid, which helps refine skin texture and actively target imperfections." 
          According to the packaging, the claims of this clay mask are:
"Actively removes impurities and deeply cleanses with clarifying willowbark"
          Do I believe this product draws out deep-rooted impurities and oil without overdrying? Yes
          Do I believe this product leaves skin clearer, softer, and smoother? Yes!
          Do I believe this product removes impurities? Yes
          Do I believe this product deeply cleanses? Yes
       
          Some interesting facts about this product:
  1. There are no parabens in this product.
  2. Made with only 5 ingredients! 
  3. Boots does not test on animals according to this blog post.
       
          As for my thoughts on this product, I really like this product. I had quite a few clogged pores and blackheads, and this mask cleared about 95% of that up! Not to mention, it left my skin super smooth and soft right after I removed it. It definitely did not overdry my skin, but for those of you with dry skin, I would be careful. If you find that this mask breaks you out, I have heard that face masks are meant to break you out because it draws the impurities to the surface. (However, I don't know how to distinguish an allergic break out from a clarifying break out, I will leave it for you ladies and gents to know your skin). I am also SO in love with the formula of this clay mask. It's not too thick and not too thin. It's such a breeze to apply and remove, unlike other clay masks I have to scrub off my face. It kind of wash off like face wash. However, the consistency is also a con because if you don't shake up the tube it's extremely runny and messy. I would recommend putting this mask on over a sink. There's also a smell that comes off the mask after it dries (which is somehow not there in liquid form). It's not super noticeable, but it is also not the most pleasant of smells. For that I recommend not putting this mask under your nose, or just removing it quickly.

My Overall Rating: 90/100

If you have tried this mask, let me know your thoughts! Do you love it as much as I do or just the opposite?

Thanks +Influenster and +bootsbeautyusa for sending me this product in my #JAdoreVoxBox! #PowerofPlants!

To find out more about Boots Beauty, here are some helpful links
Boots' WebsiteFacebookTwitter

Until next time...
-Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment