Sunday, March 2, 2014

Review: Milani Rose Powder Blush

Milani Rose Powder Blush in Love Potion (#07)


          Hi everyone! Today will be my review on the Milani Rose Powder Blush in Love Potion (#07). Love Potion is a matte, bright hot pink blush with blue undertones. There are 4 colors in this line, and 3 of the 4 colors are bold blush colors. I picked this up from Walgreens for about $7.29 and you get 17 grams of product. You can also purchase this blush from the Milani website for $7.99. Since this is limited edition, I would recommend picking this up sooner rather than later. 
          Let's take a closer look at this product before we get into it!

A very light swatch of Love Potion

          According to the Milani Website, the blush is described as:
"A luxurious matte powder blush that features rose petals micro-milled into the powder to bring out the natural rosy tones. This blush is multi-purpose: use to shape, contour, and highlight your face. It is easy to use and streak-free. Suitable for all skin types and tones. "
           According to the packaging of the blush, the product is described as:
"An ultra silky-soft powder blush that delivers the perfect amount of color and easily blends onto cheeks."
          Do I believe the blush brings out natural rosy tones? Yes
          Do I believe this blush is multi-purpose? Yes to shape, contour. No to highlight.
          Do I believe it's easy to use? Yes!
          Do I believe it's streak-free? Yes!
          Do I believe it's suitable for all skin types and tones? Yes
          Do I believe it's a ulta silky-soft power? Yes!
          Do I believe it delivers the perfect amount of color? Well with some help form the user.
          Do I believe it easily blends onto cheeks? Yes!

          Some interesting facts about this product:
  1. There are parabens in this product (i.e.methylparaben, propylparaben)
  2. The website claims there are rose petals micro-milled into this product. (Though its not on ingredients list).
  3. Milani does NOT test on animals.
          As for my thoughts on this blush, I am absolutely in love with it! I only picked up one color, but I really want to go back and pick up more! This blush is extremely pigmented and very easy to pick up with a brush! All you need to do is tap your brush into this blush and your cheeks are set! Though it is very pigmented, it does blend out easily, streak-free. When I tapped my brush into the blush, the imprint of the rose transferred onto my brush. The same imprint transferred to my cheeks. Within a second of blending it out, you could not see the imprint anymore. After a few seconds, the color was evenly distributed on my cheeks. If you use a light hand like I did, you do walk away with a slightly rosy version of this blush. If you use a slightly heavier hand, like in my swatch, you will get the exact color you see in the pan. The intensity of the blush depends on how much you pick up with this product. Since this blush is so intense in color, I do see this blush working for all skin types! As for the claim this product can be used as a highlight, contour, and to shape, I think it can do everything but highlight. For very light skin tones, this may work as a blush contour (see Michelle Phan's No Mirror Makeup Challenge). For everyone, this blush can be used to shape your cheek (starting the apples of your cheek and blending up). However, I do not think such a bold color and be used as a highlight (or maybe I just don't know how). Regardless, this is probably the only product I have reviewed that I have not found any flaws with!!! It also has lived up to it's claims! So with that....

My Overall Rating: 100/100!

If you have tried this blush, let me know your thoughts! Do you love it as much as I do?

Until next time...
-Cindy





No comments:

Post a Comment