Friday, March 21, 2014

Review: NYX Roll on Shimmer

NYX Roll on Shimmer in Pink and Nude

          Hi everyone! This will be my review on the NYX Roll on Shimmer. The colors I have to show you today is in Pink (RES02) and Nude (RES14). You can purchase NYX at Ulta, select Target stores, select CVS stores, and online at the NYX website. There at 16 colors in the line and they retail at Ulta for $3.99. You can usually get NYX at Ulta buy 1 get 1 50% off. (Pssst.. I was just on the NYX website, and these are going for $2.80 as of March 20, 2014!)

NYX Roll on Shimmer in Pink and Nude Swatches

          According to the NYX website, these are the claims on the product:
"Brighten your face and body with Roll On Shimmer! Add lustre to your look with our brilliant shades that roll easily onto eyes, face and body. You control the intensity of the pigment yourself! Easily blend the shimmer powder using a brush or fingers, then pop it into your purse for on-the-go sparkle."
          Do I believe it rolls on easily? Yes, but it can get messy.
          Do I believe you can control the intensity? In a way
          Do I believe it is easily to blend? A little

          Some interesting facts about this product:
  1. NYX is cruelty free
  2. There are parabens in this product: Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, and Butylparaben. 
          As for my thoughts on this product, I think it's beautifully glittery! You can sheer it out to have a dust of glitter on your lids or add a second layer for some glittery color. They also look stunting foiled! The fact that it's a rollerball makes it less messy than other pigments in just twist off containers or in wand form. I like that with a few rolls you can build the intensity up to what you see in the bottle/tube. Now, I do have to say, I have a few cons on this product. This product comes out of a rollerball, but it comes out very unevenly on your not flat eyeball. As you can see from my swatch above, it can be patchy. The product itself is very powdery and without a base, the color wears off very easily. Part of that is because of all the glitter and sparkle. I believe every color in this line is glittery, and none are matte. So for you matte fans out there, this product may not be for you.

So to summarize:
Pros:
  • Great color selections
  • Less messy than other pigments
  • You can build up the intensity
Cons:
  • Comes on unevenly
  • Can be patchy
  • Very glittery and may not suit everyone
  • Wears off easily without primer

My Overall Rating: 78/100... a high C

If you have tried any off these out, I would love to know your thoughts!

Until next time...
-Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment