Sunday, February 2, 2014

Review: Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin CC Color + Correction Cream

Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin CC Color + Correction Cream


          Hi everyone! Today will be my review on the Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin CC Color + Correction Cream SPF 20. The color I have is light (#6226). I would have grabbed a medium, however, they were out. I am not sure if this is a relaunch with new packaging or a completely new formula of the Organic Wear. According to the Physicians Formula website, this product retails for $14.95 and you get 1.2 fluid ounce of product. However, if you shop around, you know that Physicians Formula will occasionally go on sale for 40% or Buy 1 get 1 free at Rite Aid. Sometimes their product comes with a $3 off coupon or you can find value kits at Walmart or Target. I actually got mine for $6.67, when Physicians Formula was 40% off and CVS had a $5 off $15 purchase. So moral of the story, don't pay full price when you can wait for a good sale! Enough babbling, let's jump to it shall we?

         Here's a swatch of the product before we get right to it! Just so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about!

           Physicians Formula has directions printed on the packaging, which states:
"Remove protective seal. Shake before each use. Lightly squeeze a small amount of product and apply directly onto face and neck using fingertips to blend. Use alone or under makeup."
          According to the packaging, these are the claims the product makes:
  • 1st Ever 100% natural CC Cream: 100% of the ingredients are form Natural Origin
  • 70% of the ingredients are Organic
  • Color + Correction
  • Instant Hydration
  • Naturally Perfect Skin
  • Color-correction and skin-nourishing benefits from natural and organic ingredients deliver brightening and complexion-enhancing properties for naturally perfected skin.
  • Ultra-lightweight cream glides on effortlessly, evening out skin tone and texture for a radiant and youthful glow. 
  • Multi-Tasking CC Formula
    • Our proprietary blend of natural & organic botanicals helps Correct + Care for your skin, instantly and long-term.
  • Correcting Actives
    • Organic Lemon- potent antioxidant helps reduce dullness and reveal brighter-looking skin
    • Red MicroAlgae- helps reduce and tone down the appearance of redness from irritation.
    • Light-Reflecting Pigments- help blur imperfections for a flawless finish.
  • Care Actives
    • Organic Blue Agave- powerful hydrator draws moisture close to skin.
    • Organic Acai Palm- helps improve surface barrier function for intense hydration.
    • SPF 20- protects against UVA/UVB damage. 
          Do I believe this product is natural and organic? Well I would have to take their word for it, but I believe so.
          Do I believe this product gives color and correction? Yes, most definitely.
          Do I believe this product instantly hydrates? Yes
          Do I believe this product provides brightening and complexion-enhancing properties for naturally perfected skin? Yes!
          Do I believe this products helps correct and care for skin instantly and long-term? I can say yes for instantly, not sure about long-term because I have not used this product for that long. 
          
           Some interesting facts about this product:
  1. There are no parabens in this product.
  2. This product is hypoallergenic, fragrance free, dermatologist approved, and gluten free.
  3. There is SPF 20 in this product thanks to titanium dioxide 3.9% and zinc oxide 1%.
  4. There is an expiration date for this product, probably because of the SPF. My CC Cream box says 2015 with no month.
  5. About 70% of the product is organic.
  6. According to the Physicians Formula website, they do NOT test on animals
           As for my thoughts on this product, I think it works pretty well for a CC cream. It definitely evens out your skin tone and provides a very natural and nice looking finish. With just one layer, my imperfections where concealed and my redness was gone. However, I should say, my blemishes are normally not that predominant and are very easily concealed with foundation. If you have more predominant blemishes, I still think this foundation would cover them nicely based on the fact it concealed my lips very well. In fact, it concealed my lips so well, when I went to put on my lipstick I was unsure where the natural outline of my lips were. Based on how well it concealed my lips, I think this CC cream could easily be built to a medium coverage foundation. With a thin layer, my skin was evened out, but I could still see my skin underneath. With 2 layers, my skin just looked flawless and nothing underneath came through.
           As for the CC cream itself, its a slightly thicker consistency than most foundations. It blends fairly easily, but if you use a thin layer, it does dry very fast! If you use too much, it will take a good 5 minutes to set. So lesson here, use the right amount. :) Once it sets, it doesn't feel sticky or heavy on the skin. As I stated before, the finish of the product looks great. It's very natural and has the perfect balance of matte and glow. However, after a few hours my T-zone started to look shiny. I have combination skin so I imagine the shiny will peek through a lot fastest and worse for those with oily skin. The staying power on this foundation is average. I would say it lasted a good 5-7 hours on its own. Because I was curious, I tried using this CC cream like how I normally apply my foundation (primer, setting powder and all) and I found all these flaws with wearing the CC cream alone were gone. No shiny T-zone, longer staying power, and same great finish. The only true negative I have to say about this product is the smell. Because it is natural and organic, it doesn't have a fragrance to make it smell good. The product itself smells like wood, but the good thing is it goes away fairly quickly and doesn't linger. Hooray for not smelling like Pinochhio!

          So to summarize:
Pros:
  • Nice coverage
  • Evens out skin tone
  • Average staying power
  • Easy packaging (you can squeeze your perfect amount and don't need to dip into the product with your finger)
  • Natural/organic ingredients
  • Has SPF
Cons:
  • Funny wood smell
  • Can be pricey
  • If you have oily skin, you may become shiny without a setting powder

My overall rating: 89/100

If you have tried this CC cream, I would love to know your thoughts!

Until next time...
-Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment