Saturday, February 15, 2014

Review: Rimmel London Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara

 
Rimmel London Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara

          Hi everyone! Today will be my review on the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara. Hooray, a PINCHme review! Finally! I know, I know. So to clarify, I was sent this product from PINCHme. The shade I have is Black (#0), however they have another shade called Extreme Black (#3).  It retails for $6.99 at Ulta. You may find is cheaper when Rimmel goes buy 1 get 1 50% off, but Rimmel products are generally the same price from CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens.

          According to the website, this is what Rimmel London describes and claims about the product:
"A big volume mascara that won't leave your lashes stiff or brittle, so you can build drama from day to night! Lycra Technology formula makes lashes look full and voluptuous while remaining soft MaxDensity brush covers whole lash line with one effortless coat to reveal and plump every lash"
          Do I believe this mascara won't leave your lashes stiff or brittle? A little. It won't leave them stiff like other mascaras, but they won't feel as flexible as your natural lashes.
          Do I believe you can build with this mascara? Yes, but not well.
          Do I believe this mascara make lashes look full and voluptuous? A little
          Do I believe you can cover your whole lash line with one effortless coat? Yes!
          Do I believe you can plump every lash? No.
       
          You may wonder why I don't sound very excited/happy about this product and it's claims. Well I'll post some evidence pictures then we will discuss!



          Well, if you didn't guess from the pictures, this mascara is huge! The tube is huge and so is the wand! Honestly, the wand is almost as big as my eye itself, so ridiculous! That being said, the huge wand has many benefits. Since it's so big, you can literally apply your mascara in just one coat. With that one coat, you won't get clumping, but you will get some volume because of all the bristles it has! It also helps lifts your eyelashes a bit too. However, I didn't notice it lengthening my lashes (but that wasn't a claim, so I won't hold it against them!) Now onto the cons. Since the brush is so big, it's hard to apply this mascara on your lower lashes and your lashes in the inner corner of your eye. Also, when you try to build up your mascara, you will start to get clumps because the brush is too big to control. (I know, it's a pro and a con). Once you start to build up your mascara you will start to notice they are stiff when they dry!!!! The point of this mascara was so your lashes could be flexible, and I'll admit, they are a little stiff from just one coat, but definitely not to the degree other mascaras. However, once you build it up, it's just as stiff as any other mascara! So if you are buying this for the flexibility, save your money. I also notice this mascara smudging under my eye after 3 hours. I'm not sure if the waterproof version will do this also, but be warned the mascara does not wear well.

          So to summarize:
Pros:
  • You can apply your mascara in just once coat
  • You get some volume with just one coat
  • No clumping with just one coat
Cons:
  • Brush is too big to use on lower lash line
  • When building your mascara, your lashes will clump
  • If you build your mascara, lashes will be stiff like other mascaras
  • Can smudge

My overall rating: 50/100

I wasn't too impressed by this mascara except for the quickness in application. If you have tried this mascara let me know your thoughts!

Until next time...
-Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment