Saturday, February 8, 2014

Review: Covergirl truMAGIC The Sunkisser Skin Perfector Bronzer (#110)

Covergirl truMAGIC The Sunkisser
         Hi everyone! This will be my review of the Covergirl truMAGIC The Sunkisser skin perfector bronzer (#110). It's a matte brown bronzer. This retails for $6.99 at Target for 7.7 grams. I was lucky enough to have a $3 off coupon for any 2 Covergirl product, so I picked this product up for $5.49! You can also pick this up at any drugstore like Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, and also Ulta, however I have seen this product run up to $11.49 at other places other than Target.

          Let's take a look at the product before we jump right in!

Not blended swatch

Blended swatch

          According to the packaging, the product is described as:
"Instant touch of sun in an innovative bronzer-balm. Wear alone, under, or over makeup for a soft, sheer healthy-looking tan."
           Do I believe it's an instant touch of sun? Yes
           Do I believe it gives a soft, sheer healthy-looking tan? Yes, but only on certain skin tones.

          Some interesting facts about this product:
  1. It's oil free, non-greasy
  2. There are parabens in this product (methylparaben and propylparaben).
  3. I believe Covergirl does not test on animals. Since they are with P&G, and P&G put out a statement on their website against animal testing. 
          As for my thoughts on this product, I do like it. I'm generally not the type of person to gravitate towards cream products, but the way this product feels and blends is quite luxurious. When you touch the product, its a silicone type cream. Once you start to blend it out, it turns to a powder feeling product. It's very easy to blend out, actually it's a little too easy to blend out (I'll explain in a moment), and won't feel sticky at all. The product is quite pigmented, and the color you see is the color you get. However, once you start to blend it out, it becomes very sheer. Though it seems very dark, this product will work for very light skin tones to light medium. Any darker than that, I don't think this product will show up at all especially if you want to use it as a contour color. For me, the product barely shows up, and I believe I have light medium to a medium skin tone. However, it accentuates the natural shadow of my cheekbones VERY well. It's what I have termed invisible contour. You won't see it there very well, but once you get at a certain angle, you will see a much more chizzled out cheekbone than without it. As for the color of the product, though it looks brown and neutral, it has a slight orange undertone. For my yellow undertone, it works great, but the orange undertone may not work for everyone out there. My biggest worry is this product is not versatile enough.

          So to summarize:
Pros:

  • Matte
  • Cream to powder
  • Blends easily
  • Comes with a sponge (which does apply the product well)
Cons:
  • Blends too easily, will look sheer once blended
  • Orange undertone
  • May be too light for some skin tones
  • Bulky packaging
  • No mirror
My overall rating: 85/100

If you have tried this product, I would love to know your thoughts in the comments below!

Until next time...
-Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment