Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Review: Glam Glow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment


          Hi everyone! Today will be my review of the Glam Glow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment. Yes, a little pricier item I am reviewing today, but I honestly think it is worth the review. You can purchase this product at the Glam Glow website or Sephora for $69 for 1.7 fluid ounces. If that is too much, you can choose to purchase the 0.5 fluid ounces size from Sephora for $19. Please keep in mind that what works for my skin may not work for you! I have combination to oily skin and it is generally not sensitive to anything. 

          According to the website, the product is described as:
"Designed as a 10-minute professional ‘facial in a jar’ for behind-the-scenes use in Hollywood’s Entertainment, Music, Fashion & Award industries, for immediate camera- ready glowing skin. GLAMGLOW’s mud base is from the South of France Mediterranean Sea, home to glamorous Cannes, St. Tropez & Monaco. For Men & Women, All Ages & Skin Types. Use a couple of times a week or simply when you need GLAM-tastic™ "
          According to the website, the directions on this product are as followed:
"Apply a Thin Layer to Clean Face. Expect a Tingle-tastic Tightening Effect in 10 minutes or less. Remove Mask with Water in Circular Motions to exfoliate. Use Twice a Week or as often as Desired."
          According to the website, the claims of the product is:

  • Leaves skin noticeably radiant and glowing.  
  • Activates moisturizing collagen synthesis. 
  • Provides gentle resurfacing exfoliation. 
  • Helps to leave skin smoother, brighter and softer. 
  • Provides tighter skin texture and tighter pores. 
  • Helps to provide a more youthful appearance. 
  • Absorbs impurities without removing natural oils. 
  • Helps to protect against free radical damage.

          Do I believe it leaves skin noticeably radiant and glowing? Not really
          Do I believe it activates moisturizing collagen synthesis? I have no idea lol
          Do I believe it provides gentle resurfacing exfoliation? Yes!
          Do I believe it helps to leave skin smoother, brighter and softer? Yes!
          Do I believe it provides tighter skin texture and tighter pores? Yes!
          Do I believe it helps to provide a more youthful appearance? Surprisingly yes! 
          Do I believe it absorbs impurities without removing natural oils? Yes!
          Do I believe it helps to protect against free radical damage? I have no idea lol. 

          Some interesting facts about this product:

  1. This product is vegan.
  2. This product is paraben free.
  3. This product is cruelty free
          As for my thoughts on this product, I absolutely love it! It is definitely worth the hype! It is probably the best face mask I have ever tried because it will actually remove those deep rooted blemishes. The pores around my nose have been clogged for months now, and no other face mask has completely cleaned out those pores except for this one. Naturally, cleaning out clogged pores is associated with smoother and softer skin. It also does tighten up those pores and makes them less noticeable. Though it pulls out all my impurities I don't feel like it dries out my skin (though I don't have dry skin, so I'm not sure if it will dry out those dry skin people out there). The most surprising effect of this mask is that it does provide a more youthful appearance. My makeup always looks 100 times better the day after I use this mask. Part of that is it gently exfoliate the skin along with pulling out your impurities. Though this face mask has many great qualities, there are a few I didn't like. 
         First off, I don't really notice a radiant glow after using this mask. I mean, it's not a big deal, but for Glam Glow to make a claim like that it's what I expect. However, that is not the worst thing about this mask. What I absolutely dislike about this product is the tingle. I do not have sensitive skin whatsoever, but the tingle makes it feel as if my skin is burning off. It's not to the point where it is unbearable, but I can only imagine how it will feel for those with sensitive skin. 

          So to summarize:
Pros:

  • Does gently exfoliate
  • Removes impurities and clogged pores
  • Skin feels smoother and softer
  • Tightens pores
  • Provide a more youthful appearance
  • Does not dry out your skin
Cons:
  • Tingle provides a lot of discomfort
  • Does not leave skin radiantly glowing
  • Expensive
My Overall Rating: 94/100

If you have tried this product let me know your thoughts!

Until next time...
-Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment