Saturday, December 21, 2013

Review: Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mud Spa Masque (Montagne Jeunesse Clay Spas)


          Hi everyone! I know I have been on a roll. Last weekend afforded me some time, so I am getting business done! Today will be my review on the Motagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mud Spa Masque. I actually didn't get this in my Influenster VoxBox, but I was so intrigued by this product I ran out and bought it at Ulta. It retails for $2.49. Please keep in mind, I have combination to oily skin, and the way my skin reacts to this product may not be the same as other people with different skin types.
          According to the packaging, this is what it has to say about the product:
"Breathe life back into skin with intensely invigorating and revitalising Dead Sea Minerals. We’ve harvested the oceans nutrient rich Seaweed and Kelp right from the source – A satisfying boost for thirsty skin and then some!"
          According the the website, these are the directions to the use of the mask:
"Remove make up and cleanse skin. Remove and unfold mask. Lean back, relax and put the mask on face, patting it down for maximum contact. Leave to work for 10-15 minutes to cool & calm your skin. Remove. Gently massage in any excess liquid. Splash face with cold water, pat dry."
           Also according to the packaging, these are some claims it makes about the product:
  • Extraordinary Cleansing Experience!  
  • Real mud, dead sea, and sea kelp 
  • Invigorating skin will be hungry for more
          Do I think it's an extraordinary cleansing experience? In a way
          Do I think think it has real mud, dead sea, and sea kelp? According to the ingredients list, yes. Although I am not sure what dead sea is. (Although I have a hunch it may be dead sea salt).
          Do I think your invigorating skin will be hungry for more? Mine was! Enough said...
Some interesting facts about this product:
  1. There are no parabens.
  2. Montagne Jeunesse does NOT test on animals
  3. There is perfume in the product.
  4. According to their list of ingredients, it does contain mud and kelp.
  5. There are probably more interesting facts you could find out about this product if you just head over to their websitefacebook, twitter, and pinterest.
          As for my thoughts on this product, I do think it works very well when you follow the directions as put forth by the packaging. When you first take the mask out, it is in quite a tangle. It's extremely messy in the fact that face mask will drip from the sheet and trying to unravel the sheet doesn't help matters. I would suggest opening the sheet mask and applying it from over your sink. Once you put the sheet mask on your face, it actually has a tendency to stay put and not slide down. However, I still will recommend you laying down while you do this face mask due to the dripping product aspect. After about 15-20mins, I noticed the sheet mask wasn't as moist as before and was drying in some part. After removing the sheet mask, there were definitely remnants of face mask on my face, dried. So per instructions, I tried to massage it then wash it off. After drying my face, I did notice it was smooth yet somewhat dry. As I have somewhat oily skin, the dryness resolved itself in about 10-15 minutes. So as a testament to the cleansing power of the sheet mask, it did cleanse the oils off my face well. 
          I didn't really notice the actual effect on the sheet mask until the day after when I was applying my foundation. I usually have some clogged pores around my cheeks, and not matter how much primer I put on, they always appear as bumps on my face when I apply my foundation. However, after I used this face mak, it was not the case. I noticed a considerable decrease in these clogged pore bumps on my cheeks. If that is not proof that this product works, I don't know what is! The only problem I have with this product is the fact it comes i the form of a sheet mask. The face mask itself is runny, and having to untangle the sheet mask first makes it real messy. Also, having it in the form of a sheet mask prevents the product from evenly covering your face. When I took off the sheet, there were blotches of bare/untouched skin by the face mask. The sheet mask is universal and since everyone has a different face shape, it will fit differently on everyone. In my opinion, it would have been better if they just had the face mask in a bottle and let the consumer determine how much product to put on their face. Yes, you would have to get your hands dirty, but they are already getting dirty untangling a sheet mask that doesn't evenly cover the face.

My overall rating: 85/100 (This rating would have easily been at 95 if it weren't for the packaging and easiness of use)

If you have tried this mask, what are your thoughts on the product?

Until next time...
-Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Aquamineralspa.com offer our customers an excellent quality range of Dead Sea Products , Mineral Cosmetics.

    ReplyDelete