Sunday, December 15, 2013

Review: Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Polish in Reef-Raf #210




         Hi everyone! This is my review on the Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Color in the color Reef-Raf (#210). It's a very hot pink with some coral tones to it. I received this product for review courtesy of Influenster. This product retails for $4.99 and can be purchased at CVS/Pharmacy or any drugstore I believe.
          This is what the Sally Hansen website says about this product:
"Get ready for the shiniest nails ever! Water to workout, day in and day out, nothing will dull these nails. The gloss is protected with the Ultimate Shield Complex, exclusive to Sally Hansen, designed to help polish withstand the wear and tear of everyday living for non-stop shine. Outshine 'em all with our 29 shades!"
          Do I believe I get the shiniest nails? Sadly, no. Sinful Shine by Sinful Colors takes that trophy. However, they are shinier than most other nail polishes!
          Do I think the nail polish withstand the wear and tear of everyday? Yes, for sure!

          As for my thoughts on this product, I think this is a great nail polish. It's very opaque with just one coat, and dry relatively quickly. Just take a look:

          With this nail polish, it took about 6 days for me to notice chipping. This is no chipping with just one coat, no top coat, and no base coat for 6 days. I will say, that the nail polish does goes on a little blotchy. It's not noticeable unless you are 6 inches away from my nail. I have noticed this with other Sally Hansen nail polishes not part of the Triple Shine line, and it might be something that is just in Sally Hansen's nail polish formulas. As for the shine formula, this nail polish is a lot shinier than most nail polish, however, it doesn't shine like Sinful Shine by Sinful Colors.
       
So to summarize:
Pro:
  • Opaque
  • Only need one coat
  • Days before chipping
Cons: 
  • Can be blothy
  • Average price of nail polish

          So before I leave, some tips on this product. 

Tip #1
          This may be a Spring/Summer color, but that's what I love about it! The Winter can be so deary and having that pop of color just makes me feel so happy and warm (literally). It's been 25 degree F here in Cali (which is a big swing from 65 degree F), and that reminder of summer warms me up! So plop this baby on, and you will shine like the rays of the sun instead of freeze over! #TripleShine #ShiningMoment

Tip #2
          Take off the cap, before you twist. Let me show you:

If you don't, you will spend 5 minutes trying to open the polish with no luck!

If you bought this, let me know your thoughts!

Until next time...
-Cindy





No comments:

Post a Comment