Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Review: Coastal Scents Forever Blush


Coastal Scents Forever Blush in Poetic

          Hi everyone! Another review today, this time on the Coastal Scents Forever Blush in Poetic! Poetic is a mauve/dusty rose color. I actually bought this from a blog sale, but you can find these on the Coastal Scents website for $7.95 for 10 grams of product. For the amount of product you get, I think the price is great! According to the website, there are 18 colors in the line. Whether or not this color is also in their blush palettes, I have no idea. I tried to find out on their website, but it did not say. I believe you can only find these online.

          Let's take a look before we start digging in!



          According to the packaging, the product is described as:
"The perfectly-pigmented powder blush for a long-lasting rush of color. Complete with a mirror, the color-packed compact will go a long way."
          Do I believe this product is perfectly-pigmented? Yes!
          Do I believe this product is long-lasting? Yes! If 13 hours isn't long-lasting, I don't know what is.

          Some interesting facts about this product:

  1. There are parabens in this product (methylparaben and propylparaben).
  2. Coastal Scents does not test on animals, according to their website. However, the blush was made in China, and China is notorious for testing on animals. 
          As for my thoughts on this blush, I love it! I am so very impressed by the quality of it. It is highly pigmented to the point you can put on too much if you don't tap off your brush before applying. Though it is extremely pigmented, it is fairly easy to blend (to blend around not blend off). As for staying power, it has been over 13 hours since I have applied this blush and I still see it on my cheeks. The packaging is also great! It's simple yet there's a window for you to see the product. You also get a mirror, which isn't too big, but big enough for you to apply your blush properly. I honestly don't have anything negative to say about this blush except a few nit picky things like how it smells weird. Don't get me wrong, you can't actually smell it unless you put your nose in the product, but it does smell like chemicals. I also don't like that it isn't very accessible as you can only buy it online (I think). 

          So to summarize:
Pros:
  • Highly pigmented
  • Long-lasting
  • Blends easily
Cons:
  • Weird smell (only if you put your nose in it)
  • You can only buy online

My overall rating: 98/100

I know it's close to 100, but for a product to get 100, there needs to be no cons whatsoever! But A+ is pretty good, yeah?

Anyways, if you have tried any Coastal Scents blushes, I would love to know you thoughts! Leave them in the comments below!

Until next time...
-Cindy
         

No comments:

Post a Comment