Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: Essence Silky Touch Blush


          This will be my review on the Essence Silky Touch Blush. You can find Essence at your local Ulta store or online at the Ulta website. The color I have is Natural Beauty (#40). It is a nice dusty rose pink color. There is some glitter in this blush but not an overwhelming amount like some baked blushes may give off. They normally retail for $2.99, but I was lucky enough to pick this up on clearance for $0.79. You also get 5 grams of product. 

         According to the Ulta website, this is the claim about this blush:
         "This innovative Powder Blush has a silky texture that blends evenly and easily. Silky Touch Blush adds a touch of natural freshness to your complexion."
         Do I agree that it blends evenly and easily? Yes, most definitely!
         Does it add a touch of natural freshness? Yes, but only if you use a light hand! Trust me!

         Some interesting facts to note about this product:
  1. They do not test on animals according to the Essence website.
  2. There are parabens in this product: Methylparaben, Propylparaben.  
          As for what I think about this product, I think it is great for the price! It is highly pigmented, which I was not expecting for this blush! If you apply it with a light hand, it does blend quite evenly and effortlessly. If you apply it with a heavily hand, it is quite hard for to take away product. However, this blush doesn't last all day. After an 8-hr work day, my cheeks had no color whatsoever.

My Overall Rating: 85/100

So.. if you have tried Essence products what do you think? Are the other products just as well made as the blush?

Until next time...
-Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment