Wednesday, October 16, 2013

First Impression: Revlon Colorstay Shadowlinks



L to R: Oyster, Taupe, Peacock

L to R: Periwinkle, Lilac, Plum

          This will be my first impression of the Revlon Colorstay Shadowlinks. I picked up 6 colors from this collection. The first one is Oyster (#20) which is a metallic finish, Taupe (#60) which is a satin finish, Peacock (#150) which is a pearl finish, Periwinkle (#140) which is a pearl finish, Lilac (#90) which is a pearl finish, and Plum (#110) which is a matte finish. Oyster is shimmery cream color. Taupe is a shimmery light brown color. Peacock is a shimmery dark aqua color. Periwinkle is an in-between purple/blue color with shimmer. Lilac is a shimmery pinky purple color. Plum is a dark cranberry color. There is 0.05oz/1.4gram of product. These were $2.99 at my local Rite Aid. However, I was lucky enough to pick them up buy one, get one 50% off. There is also a Revlon coupon for $2 off any Colorstay product so you can get these for dirt cheap!
          From what I can tell, there are 18 colors in the collection. All of them seem to be muted for fall. I tried to find some information about this product and the claims on the Revlon website, but I guess it is too new to have a webpage decided to it just yet. From what I can tell, there is no parabens (however, the font is so small I may be wrong in this). This product is also made in the USA.
          As for my thoughts on this product, lets start with packaging. The size is quite convenient. It's small, and compared to other trios I have (say Wet n Wild, or NYX Love in Rio palettes) these are compacted and small. As for the linking property of these shadows, they link up well. They seem to slid in and lock in well. However, they aren't as sturdy as I would like them to be. They bend a little once you link them, and I can foresee them breaking off with enough impact. As for the shadows themselves, I was quite disappointed. For $3, they are quite small for single eyeshadows. With $3 you can get a giant baked E.L.F. eyeshadow, Wet n Wild eyeshadow trio, or for a few dollars more you can get a quad from Revlon. They also aren't very buttery, or opaque as I expected them to be. They blend okay, I find that it depends on the shadow. The matte color blends beautifully, while all the shimmery colors takes a bit of work. Also all the satin, pearl, metallic finishes seem to be all the same: full of glitter and shimmer. See for yourself:
     
L to R: Oyster, Taupe, Peacock

L to R: Periwinkle, Lilac, Plum

My Overall Rating: 70/100

So if you picked up these shadows, what is your opinion on them?

Until next time...
-Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment