Sunday, October 27, 2013

First Impression: Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue




          This will be my first impression of the Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Menthol External Analgesic Medicated Balm. (Whew! Some title!). I have it in 2 colors, Berry Soft (#60) and Soothing Sorbet (#50). I picked these up from Ulta. They were $4.29, but I got them for buy 1 get one 50% off. Ulta also has a $3.50 off coupon on their website just add a few more items and you can get this even cheaper!

         So right off the bat, these are the claims the product makes on their packaging:
          Quickly soothes
          Provides Relief
          12 hrs hydration

          This is how to use the product according to the packaging:
          For the temporary relief of pain associated with fever blisters and cold sores.

         Active ingredients:
         Menthol 0.5%- external analgesic

         Warnings, according to the packaging:
         External use only
         Do not get in eyes
         Do not swallow (well it says if swallowed get medical help or contact poison control)

         Directions, per packaging:
         For adult use only. Apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily.

        Now some interesting facts about this product:      

  1. No parabens.
  2. There is an expiration date.
  3. They do test on animals. 
        As for my thoughts on this product, I honestly think this product is very similar to the Baby Lips line in terms of color pay off, wear, texture, and smoothness of the product. The only thing that sets this product off from the others is the Menthol which leaves a somewhat minty, tingle feeling on your lips. I find that to be quite soothing especially on chapped lips. I'm not sure it this will help against fever blisters or cold sores (as I do not get those), but it does soothe chapped lips.

My Overall Rating: 92/100

If you have tried these, what do you think?


UPDATE:
          So after using these for a while, I have notice that formulation wise, these are very different from the actual baby lips line (even the electro line). They don't melt onto your lips like the other baby lips do and the formula is slightly thicker.  However, the differences are VERY VERY minor. Still doesn't change my rating though, because I still think it's a great balm!

Until next time...
-Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment