Saturday, September 21, 2013

First Impression: Stila Double-Ended Blending Sponge


         I've had my eye on the Beauty Blender for a while now, since basically all of youtube is using it. However, I never bought it because of the price. Then Stila came out with this double-ended blending sponger for only $12?!! I knew I had to get it! This can be purchased at Ulta online or in stores. I have also seen this on Amazon.
          According to the packaging:
         "This dual-ended sponge applicator applies makeup seamlessly for a smooth, streak-free finish"
         Directions for this sponge include:
         "Rounded side: Perfect for application all over the face and neck." 
         "Pointed side: Ideal for accessing hard-to-reach areas and precision blending." 
         "Usage: Dampen sponge with water and apply your favorite stila foundation, beauty balm, or tinited moisturizer using a "stamping" motion all over the face and neck. Also works great for applying stila's convertible color onto cheeks. For best results, do not sweep or drag sponge across the face. If needed, gently buff away any streaks or lines."
         "Care:  It is recommended to wash the sponge after each use. Gently wash with a mild cleanser, set aside on a clean surface and allow to dry completely."  
 So after following all these instructions....
          Do I believe this applicator applies makeup seamlessly for a smooth, streak-free finish? YES!!!!

          As for my first impression on this product, I'm going to start with the packaging. It's basically in a plastic bag with a piece of paper, not impressive, but it is very minimal. I also think whoever wrote the instructions need a lesson in grammar as the first word of a sentence should have the first letter capitalized. It makes reading the instructions very difficult. As for the sponge itself, I think it's brilliant. You may think it's too stiff, but once you wet it, it becomes something amazingly soft and bouncy. If you "stamp" the foundation on your face with the sponge, it gives you a beautiful flawless finish. It looked so amazing, I forgot I had to powder after!!! However, the key is to stamp, if you don't you get streaks and blots. So do follow the instructions!! What I like most, is product doesn't really stick to the sponge. Part of that is you wet it in the beginning, but I think it also has to do with the way the sponge is constructed.  I normally just dot my foundation on my face then go in with the sponge. If you put foundation directly on your sponge, it will also soak up more of the foundation and leave less of it for your face. (It is a sponge after all :)) The only bad thing I have to say about this sponge, it that it needs to be cleaned after every use. Technically you are suppose to clean all your brushes after one use, but realistically, who has time to do that every day?? hm??

My Overall Rating: 95/100

So, if you have the beauty blender and the Stila double ended sponge, which do you think works best?
       

No comments:

Post a Comment