Saturday, May 17, 2014

Review: Makeup Geek Eyeshadows


          Hi everyone! Today will be my review on the Makeup Geek Eyeshadows! I bought these from Luvocracy because when you first sign up you get a beautiful $10 off $20 purchase. These shadows retail for $5.99 on the Makeup Geek website, but with my discount, I was able to get these shadows for $15.95 for all 4. I believe the only place you can get these shadows are the Makeup Geek Website and Luvocracy. The colors I picked up are Shimma Shimma, Cinderella, Unexpected, and Creme Brulee. Let's take a look at these before we get started!



From L to R
Shimma Shimma, Cinderella, Unexpected, Creme Brulee

Shimma Shimma


Cinderella


Unexpected


Creme Brulee

(My camera kinda washed this color out.)

            According to the Makeup Geek website, the claims and facts about these eyeshadows are as followed:
  • These are all highly-pigmented – just check out the swatches!
  • These pans can be placed in empty palettes such as Z-Palettes
  • Eyeshadow pan weight is 1.8G / 0.064 oz
  • With a separate palette, you can build your own custom palettes
  • All our shadows are cruelty-free -- we do not test our products on animals
  • These eyeshadows are Talc and Paraben-Free
          Do I believe these are highly pigmented? Yes
       
          As for my thoughts on this product, I really enjoy these. From the swatches above, they don't look that impressive, but they are amazing when you put these on your eye. They aren't buttery like some higher end shadows I have like the Lorac Pro palette, however they are very easy to pick up with a brush. Because they aren't very buttery, there isn't very much fall out so you won't get shadow everywhere.  They blend so well you hardly have to blend at all. (I hate blending, so this factor alone makes me absolutely love these shadows). I find that these shadows stay all day with primer and without primer they do last a few hours (even the shimmer ones) before fading (I believe more than the average shadow would). There are so many colors to choose from and a nice mixture of matte, shimmer, and glittery shadows. Overall I think these are definitely worth the hype!

My Overall Rating: 98/100

If you have any Makeup Geek Shadows I would love to know if you love them as much as I do!

Until next time...
-Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment