Thursday, July 11, 2013

Review: Rimmel London Show Off Lip Laquer

Top: Apocalyptic Middle: Out of This World Bottom: Nude Eclipse

          This will be a review of the Rimmel London Show Off Lip Laquers. These have been in a the UK for quite sometime (known as Apocalips), but recently, they have been launched in the US. According to my Walgreens weekly circular, they are exclusive to Walgreens (for now). They retail for $4.99 each, but you can get them for buy one get one 50% sometimes when the Rimmel brand goes on sale at Walgreens. I picked up 3 colors: Apocalyptic (#303) (Top), Out of This World (#300) (Middle), and Nude Eclipse (#600)(Bottom). Apocalyptic is a bright red pink, Out of This world is a bright almost barbie pink shade (I would say it is a darken barbie pink), and Nude Eclipse is a straight up skin tone shade. Apocalyptic and Nude Eclipse don't have shimmer in them, but Out of This World does. According to the Rimmel London's website from the UK, they come in 8 colors. However, I think they come in 14 shades here in the US, or at least that is what it looks like in Stephanie Louise's Blog.

Here are the swatches of each shade:
Apocalyptic #303 

Out of This World #300

Nude Eclipse #600

          The lip laquers do not come in a package. They are sealed by a piece of tape bridging the cap and the container, with a number engraved on one end. You can also tell if they have been tampered with because once you twist off the cap, you will see a clear chamber. Once you remove the wand, the chamber will be filled with product.

          If you go to the Rimmel London's website for the US, you won't find this product on there. But if you go to the UK's website for Rimmel London, you will find their description of the product as well as a list of ingredients. According to Rimmel London's website:
          "It's the End of Colour as you know it! The intense rich colour of a lipstick, enhanced by a satin smooth shine. It's neither a lipstick nor a gloss... It's BIGGER than both! LONG LIVE THE COLOUR!"
          They don't really make any claims about this product except that it is an intense rich colour of a lipstick, a satin smooth shine, and it is not a lipstick or a lip gloss.

          Do I believe it is intense rich in color? Yes!

          Do I believe is provides a satin smooth shine? Yes!

          Do I believe it is not a lipstick or a lip gloss? Somewhat. I don't think it is a lipstick, but the consistency is very much like a gloss (but not sticky!)

          Some interesting facts about this product:
          1) There are parabens in this product (methylparaben, propylparaben, and ethylparaben).
          2) There is retinyl palmitate in it.
          3) There is fragrance in this product.
          4) They are not cruelty free and do test on animals.
 
         Honestly, this is my favorite lip product I have ever tried. It is HIGHLY pigmented and goes on very smoothly. You don't need a lot of product to have a lip. (I imagine these will last me a LONG time.) It isn't sticky and doesn't dry my lips out. It also is very lightweight, but not to the point where you don't feel the product on your lips. It also has a slight fragrant smell to it (reminds me of watermelon), but it isn't strong or overpowering. It wears great as long as you don't eat or drink anything. The only problem I have with this product is that once you start to eat or drink, it will fade so it isn't a stain. I love that it is very affordable (especially when you find it as buy one get one 50% off). I also love the packaging, especially how the stopper works. Every time I pull out the applicator, there is absolutely NO product on my wand, just the doe foot part. That way you won't have weird lip gloss building up on the wand.

My Overall Rating: 97/100

Let me know what you think! Do you love them like I do? What other colors do you have?

Until next time...

-Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment