Tuesday, July 9, 2013

First Impression: Sinful Shine with Gel Tech

In the color Picante (#1216)

          This will be my first impression on the Sinful Shine with Gel Tech nail polish. I received this from Influenster in my Sunkissed VoxBox. The color I have is in Picante (#1216). In person, it is a red with an orange undertone. It looks more orange in the picture than it is in real life. It also came with a card with more information about the nail polish and the colors they offer.


          According to the card, they retail for $2.99 and are exclusively at Walgreens for a limited time. They also come in 32 shades. The Sinful Colors Website you a better look at the shade selection. This product is marketed as a shiny nail polish with the "ultimate gloss," and even on their website they claim it is 5x more glossy than a patent leather shoe (determined from a study).

          The website also claims that with Gel Tech technology formula it provides:
           "...opulent, rich color and a brilliant shine finish."
          Do I believe this product is opulent? If you're selling it at $2.99 no.. hahahahaha

          Do I believe this product is rich in color? Yes!

          Do I believe this product has a brilliant shine? Yes!

          If you don't take my word for it, judge for yourself:
With just one coat. (Excuse the out-of-the-lines polish, I'm terrible with nails.)

          Like with all Sinful Color nail polishes, it is super opaque! You just need one coat and you are good to go! Also the shine on this is phenomenal! This is by far the shiniest polish I own. As for the product itself, the polish applied very smoothly. The brush is a standard nail polish brush (not a flat brush like Rimmel polishes), but I do wish it was a flat brush. For me, this polish never seemed to dry. After a couple hours, if it scratched my nail, I scratched up nail polish. This also impacted it's staying power. After a day, my nails started to chip. My other Sinful Color nail polishes stay longer than this formulation, so I am somewhat disappointed by this.

My Overall Rating: 70/100

If you had different experience, let me know! 

Until next time...

-Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment