Friday, August 15, 2014

Unboxing August's LipMonthly Box

        
        Hi everyone! So I am back with a LipMonthly unboxing! It's $10 a month and they send you a bag full of lip/beauty products. Though I thought last month's was okay, I am thoroughly unimpressed with this box. There are a few surprises that I liked, but overall I will be unsubscribing. Here is my bag, judge for yourself.

It's a bright berry color. Though the color is beautiful, it does feel very drying on the lips and seem to extenuate your cracks. 



City Color Magic Balm - $2.99
You may think this is colorless, however, it gives of a baby pink stain. Yes, you heard me, it stains!


City Color Lip Balm in Ultra Pink - $3.99
This is a repeat from last month. It's in a different color as it's a berry pink, but still the same product. Not so thrilled I got a repeat.



It's a pink lilac that's very opaque.



Pixi Shadow Stick, I forgot the picture (coming soon). It's a bronze taupe shadow stick with saves this whole box

          Overall, I'm not too impressed, especially since 3 of the 5 products are from City Color and one is a repeat from last month. Honestly, since I am paying full price for this box I am very disappointed. I understand that this box adds up to more than I paid, however, I am definitely not convinced when I regularly see these products for cheaper at my local drugstore, which then makes me question how much "value" I am getting. I subscribed to this box in hopes of trying new products and different lines, but when over half the box is from the same company, I feel like I am just being sent the entire lip line of 1 brand. Not to mention I got a repeat product from last month! What is this, you had extra from last month so you are sending it out again? I will definitely be unsubscribing. If you have tried this box, I would love to know your thoughts!

Until next time...
-Cindy

   


No comments:

Post a Comment