Monday, July 14, 2014

Lip Monthly July 2014 Unboxing

Lip Monthly Unboxing- There are 2 lip products in the box, the rest couldn't fit.

          Hi everyone! Today is a different post! It will be my unboxing of a subscription service called Lip Monthly I found out about through youtube. I'm not really into subscription boxes, but this was only $5 for the first month for 2-3 full size lip products and $10 each month for the following months! I thought it was worth is considering I usually pay about $3-4 for a lip product. For July, I got 4 full size lip products and a travel size hair product. Let's just into it shall we!

First off you get a card!

Then, you get the 5 products in the "box." The box retails for ~$36.47. 

Appeal Cosmetics Lipstick in Mock Up - retails $22
It's a nude with a slight hint of light pink.



City Color Lip Balm in Bright Red - retails $2.99
It's a bright red.



It's a glittery brown with red undertones


Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss in Sunbaked - retails $6.99
It's a matte mauve color. 



John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation Smoothing Creme- retails $1.467 (based on calculations from the 5 ounce bottle)

          For $5, I think the box is worth a try, however I don't think this box is worth $10. First off, though City Color lip products are $2.99 on their website, I have seen them in the drugstore for under $2. They also gave you 2 products from the same brand! I thought the point was to try out different brands. Not to mention, I believe the Appeal Lipstick is actually a mass produced product that makeup companies don't make but buy from manufactures and just slap their label on it. Here's my evidence...

Are you seeing double?

          They look mighty suspicious right? IF they are the same lipsticks, but just labeled different, then the Appeal Lipstick is really worth $2.99 and you are basically getting 3 City Color Lip Products. Aside from all the pricing and brand double dipping, I didn't think the box was appropriate for Summer. You got a bright red and a nude pink, which is great for Summer! But then, they throw in a brown lip crayon and a mauve lip gloss, which scream fall to me. Besides all that, I think what redeems the box is the quality of the products. The Appeal Lipstick applies so smooth and evenly. The City Color Lip Balm is surprisingly pigmented and moisturizing. The Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss is creamy and non-sticky. The only product I didn't really like is the City Color Lip Lush. It lacked pigmentation, it was not creamy, and I just don't like the color. I feel as if this box could be amazing if they tried to be on trend! The quality is there, they just need to attend to the details! 
          As of right now, I am unsure whether to continue my subscription. In their card they did say they would be theming the box in a  unique way, so I am quite curious! If you subscribe to Lip Monthly, I would love to know your thoughts!

Until next time..
-Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment