Wednesday, August 14, 2013

First Impression: E.L.F. Studio Baked Blush



          This is my review of the E.L.F. Studio Baked Blush. I have been wanting these FOREVER! I have 2 colors: Pinktastic (#83352) and Passion Pink (#83353). Pinktastic is a beautiful champange/golden highlight color and Passion Pink is a shimmery light pink. The only way to get these is on the ELF website.... or so I thought. I bought these off of the Walgreens website for 3 reasons. One being, I am an ebates member and Walgreens is apart of of ebates. Two, Walgreens was doing an extra 20% beauty products at the time of my purchase. Three, Walgreens had free shipping over $25+ purchase.

          According to the E.L.F. website, there are 4 colors in the Baked Blush line. I have Pinktastic and Passion Pink. They come in the standard black packaging for the E.L.F. studio line and cost $3 like more Studio Line items. There is 6g/0.21oz of product. These are only sold on the ELF website or the Walgreens website and are not in Target stores like most E.L.F. items.

          These are some of the claims the packaging makes about these blushes:
"The long-lasting formula provides a gorgeous, smooth, and even application.
Infused with active key ingredients Jojoba, Rose, Sunflower, Apricot and Grape to nourish and hydrate the skin.
The soft and shimmering color creates a natural healthy glow."
          Along with the claims, ELF also has directions on how to best apply these blushes. According to ELF, it is best to use a brush. If you want a more vibrant effect, you should dampen your brush first.

          As for the claims....
          Do I think it is long-lasting? Yes!
          Do I think it provides a gorgeous, smooth, and even application? Yes!
          Do I think it hydrates the skin? No, I don't think powders are hydrating.
          Do I think it creates a natural healthy glow? I think the glow can be quite unnatural if you apply way to much. So you must use a rather light hand to achieve this.

Some interesting facts about this product:
  1. There are parabens in this product (Methylparaben). (Interestingly, it was in one but not the other).
  2. E.L.F. does not test on animals. 
          As for my two cents on this product, I think they are quite beautiful. However, I don't think these can be worn as just blushes, especially not Pinktastic. They are so shimmery that it makes more sense that these be worn as highlighter and that is exactly what I did. Take a blush brush, apply the baked blush to the tops of your cheeks and BAM! you got an amazing glow! They definitely do last all day. Though it claims to have amazing hydrating qualities, I do not think it really hydrates the skin. It is hard to believe a powder product can hydrate the skin. I also don't like that you can only buy these online. Another thing..... I also noticed that Pinktastic was definitely more pigmented than Passion Pink. See for yourself....
Passion Pnk

Pinktastic

         I had to really work at Passion Pink to try to make it show up on my cheeks, but Pinktastic was effortless. They definitely come off more vibrant when dampen. I don't know about the other 2, but if it is variable then it makes it hard to buy because you don't know what kind of quality you are getting.

My Overall Rating: 85/100

If you have the other two, how do you like them??

No comments:

Post a Comment